background

background

Friday, July 31, 2009

Creative Every Day Challenge

The Creative Every Day Challenge topic for July is "Self". To tackle this topic, I started with a stylized self portrait. I used that image to create a collage with which I hoped to capture the mystery and optimism that I feel about the transitions occuring in my life.

With our sons heading off to college, and my husband transitioning from the military to the civilian world, there are many changes taking place in my world. It is exciting to know that we no longer have to relocate. We love the Tampa area and its proximity to our sons' schools. I love working at an arts magnet school. It combines my passions for education and the arts. I look forward to a new batch of fresh faced first graders arriving this Fall.

Now that we are soon to be empty nesters, I can transfer some of those "mom" energies into creative channels and Jim and I can re-explore being a "couple" again.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on starting your blog!! And I just love this collage/self-portrait. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete