background

background

Tuesday, November 24, 2009


Again today, I experimented with collaging my own ballerina image with the Degas stamp and other mixed media. One serundipidous experiment was adding the rose petals. I had been feeling badly because I let the roses my husband gave me dry out. The ballerina that I drew had roses at her feet (not shown in this cropped version). So I thought I would collage in a few of the dried petals. The collage itself was ok, but I love the way the petals turned out once I filtered the image through the Kodak Easyshare cartoon feature.

4 comments:

  1. I value your ongoing experimentation. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the way this looks. The word joy, your rose petals, just from the waist down in the corner, lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mm, beautiful. love the colors and the way serendipity played a part!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too have the word JOY in capital letters in my artwork today! This is lovely, I think it's really interesting the way you put together stamps with other techniques. It gives your work a cohesiveness that I really like.

    ReplyDelete