background

background

Thursday, November 5, 2009


By far, my favorite impressionist artist is Claude Monet. As an aspiring (if not proficient) gardener myself, his gardens at Giverny are endless inspiration. His water lilies inspired me to plant my own water lily in our background fountain. Amazingly, it is thriving. This is an acrylic and oil pastel drawing/ painting that I made of it. While Monet captures the essence of the water lilies en masse, I chose to get up close and personal with mine. After completing the drawing, I played around with the image in Photoshop 5 and used the cartoon feature to break up the image a bit.

7 comments:

  1. I´ve been having a look around your blog. Loved the concept of a themed month for AEDM and how you worked with different artists styles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done. Even better that you have the real thing in your garden thriving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the cartoon effect you used. Nice painting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. The impressionists have always been a favorite of mine.
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like you painting... very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice work! I like the texture!

    ReplyDelete