background

background

Wednesday, November 4, 2009


My fourth (and last) Cassatt collage I call the Spirit of Love. Cassatt’s paintings seem to embody the love of family. You can feel the caring and bond between her subjects. My collage includes a Harter picture image, lettering by K & Company, mixed art papers, and a dash of tiny glass beads from Halcraft. This was another new material for me and, like yesterday’s glitter experience, I got a bit overenthusiastic with them on the original collage. The beauty of collage is that when you don’t like something, you just cut it up again and re-work it. I have the bead- heavy background sheet just waiting to be used in another project somewhere down the line.

2 comments:

  1. I like the stripe you did down the side, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout. Reminds me of gone with the wind for some reason! The emotions!

    ReplyDelete