background

background

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Nov. 12



Our current school - wide theme at the Arts Magnet school that I teach at is "water". For our Storybook Night, each teacher has to dress up as a body of water. What else would I be but a lily pond? I found some fun reflective and iridescent papers at the party store which I cut into waves and attatched to an old skirt. I added a silk lily pad, plastic frog, and plastic lei to an old baseball cap that I cut the lip off of for my hat. It's rather hokey, but I'm sure that my first graders will love it. And that is the important thing. I then played with the pictures of the costume in Kodak Easyshare to give a more impressionistic feel.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the nice comment on my blog. I love the costume idea and the effects you used in the photo. Your students are lucky to have such a creative teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is an awesome costume!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool...I love the effects and the color!

    ReplyDelete