background

background

Sunday, November 1, 2009

November 1st


My first collage, I call Everyday Muse. One of the things that I love about Cassatt’s work is the beauty she captures in everyday activities. Her figures appear quietly content and restful. Since life today seems to be in sharp contrast to this slower pace, I am particularly drawn to it. I used a combination of oil pastel and colored pencils to add color to the figure in my collage. The background is collaged from a variety of art papers, including one with a quote from Goethe, “We are shaped and fashioned by what we love.” It reminds me to work on savoring life’s simple pleasures.

5 comments:

  1. I love your collage and happy to be joining in on AEDM !!! It is always great to meet new artists!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love this quote~!! Gorgeous collage.
    Enjoy AEDM!!!
    xoxo,
    ja
    http://julieannshahin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the music notes! And I agree, I like that about Cassatt's work too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful collage! I totally love the idea of embracing all the great things in everyday activites...the beauty we overlook or take for granted a lot!

    ReplyDelete