background

background

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

November 3


The third collage I call Magic. When Cassatt portrays images of the theater and opera, she uses vibrant colors which add a sense of magic and mystery to the piece. I tried to capture this feeling as well. In addition to a Harter picture image a Halloween mask and a chipboard letter, I used lettering entitled Funky Aquamarine by Making Memories. I also experimented with sprinkle glitters by a’ la mode. I had a difficult time getting the star stamp image that I wanted to be recognizable when using the glitter. I ended up just applying glue by hand and got a bit heavy handed. I need to experiment a bit more with stamps and glitter.

1 comment:

  1. This is a lovely piece. And I love your grandma's term for the mess left behind after creating!

    ReplyDelete