background

background

Saturday, November 28, 2009


Today I got to play around with my Starry Night stamp. I have grown infatuated with the transparent spiral design (as any of you that saw yesterday's post probably noticed. I made a rubbing on vellum using a textured plate. I was going to write some Van Gogh quotes in them, but I also just kind of like the image itself and the visual movement that it creates. This spiral pattern reminds me of the brush strokes in Starry Night. I am thinking that this might be a good design for journaling in my family scrapbook too.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly,
    Did you say "Starry Night stamp"? are there stamps out there of Van Gogh's art? OR did you make it? Your layout is fabulous!
    Thank you for your lovely comment in my blog.
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your spirals too. How did you do them? It really adds to the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the textures and colors that you have going on in these collages. I am so glad that I was finally able to get over to your blog to see what art you have been creating. There are just so many artists doing the AEDM, that it is hard to visit them all and still do the art yourself. Beautiful stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool designs! Love the project that guides the whole month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like what you have done with the Starry Night stamp and the spiral. I think you do the neatest stuff.

    ReplyDelete