Well, my hokey costume was a hit with my first graders...although just about everything is a hit with first graders:> We studied Claude Monet and read Linnea in Monet's Garden. Students created their own lily pond watercolor painings. I love the different approaches. Here are parts of three of the paintings.
As my hot-glued costume started falling apart during the evening, I had this overwhelming desire to further shred it and create something from it. I ended up making a weaving from the various fibers and sequins. I used thin wire warp threads to hold the weaving together. Being the obsessive pack rat that I am, the left over shreds are calling my name. Hmmmm.