background

background

Friday, March 12, 2010

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Collage Journey
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox

Personalize your own slideshow design

This month's theme on Creative Every Day is stories. I have been taking an online collage storytelling course this past month. The assignments took us on a visual tour towards self discovery. I turned my images into a Smilebox creation which tells the story of my journey.

I have also worked with my first graders to create an opera based on the story of the Three Little Pigs. It was a terrific...if somewhat daunting project. I am currently doing a follow up study to see how this project effected student comprehension and relationships. It has been a busy month!

8 comments:

  1. I love what you did with your collages from the workshop. Displaying them as a slideshow is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, That is so cool! Love the collages displayed in that way - it's a cumulative impact.

    I had a friend of German heritage who called the little pieces at the bottom of the potato chip bag "Schnibbles" - the little pieces or crumbs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kelly! Love your blog! Had a hard time getting here, the address from the group post had too many spaces and other symbols in it. But, I'm here now and lovin it! Your slide show is fabulous and I love how the camera pans in to show detail and add movement to your creations. Just lovely! Thank you for sharing your journey with me.

    Peace,
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also posted the slide show on facebook on my wall. Come on over and take a look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah! I posted it on my blog at http://www.soulstudio49.blogspot.com/ You can see it there too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's very interesting - I enjoyed looking at yr collage

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great way of displaying your collages & telling a story. Beautiful & inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun idea how you use the smilebox!
    And what is the class that you mention in this post, sounds fascinating.

    ReplyDelete