background

background

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Day 27



My son (who is an art major at UCF) announces to us yesterday morning that he signed up to sell some of his drawings at a market on campus and he needs to have them ready to go on Sunday. His drawings are 4 x 6 pencil sketches from his journal so we spent a good part of the day making them into 8 x 10 copies on decent paper...not easy to do. The professionals at the copy counter at Staples wouldn't even attempt it. We then cut down 48 pieces of foam board to back them. We still have labels to make this morning before driving him back to school. This portrait is one of my favorites.

So, being the snibblebitzer that I am, I couldn't bear to part with the pile of scraps that had been cropped from the copies. I ended up weaving them into a design which I hope to turn into something this week as one of my projects. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck to your son, how exciting this is..and a big support hug to you for being such a great supportive mom. Have fun with the scraps ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the serene look of the face in the portrait! I wonder about the circles around the face. He made it look like it came out of the art process of "tangles." You have a talented son. And what fun came out of the scraps! I am one to keep the scraps, too. It is probably that same heritage. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your weaving looks great so far!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the illos - what a fabulous project!

    ReplyDelete