background

background

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Day 30



Wow, It is hard to believe that Art Every Month is at an end. It has been a challenging, yet fun month. It is so inspiring to see what others are creating. I wish that I could have visited them all but it has been tough to juggle it all.

I just received the "Impressionist" journal that I created last year for the challenge in the mail. I sent it off to Somerset Studios at the end of the challenge last year since they were doing an issue on Impressionism (the genesis of my theme). Exactly one year later, I am receiving it back with a very kindly phrased rejection letter. I had almost forgotten that I sent it in so I wasn't too heartbroken. None the less, it made me realize how much self confidence and spunk it must take to be a professional and have your work judged on a daily basis. My son, who is currently an illustration major, is a very independent thinker. Hopefully this will serve him well. He has his first art sale this week on campus and I wish him well. I admire all of you who put your passion out there every day.

Ok, enough rambling. My art cards today include a collage utilizing some of the pieces from last year's Impressionist journal as well as a photo collage to remind me to keep inspired everyday whether I am posting or not.

6 comments:

  1. Cool cards. It's certainly been quite a month, but great fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool work, I love the texture on the colors... rejection happens, it's just another step forward... no matter what! Visiting from AEDM and can't believe the month is already over...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice pieces, happy last day of AEDM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about the rejection letter. These are great pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cards!! So glad you joined in this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like these, especially the first one. Lovely! On the rejection, at least you had the guts to get out there and try. That's worth a lot in my book.

    ReplyDelete