background

background

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Passion 2


Once again, the theme for the month at Creative Every day is Passion. I had created multiple collages in my journal on the topic early in the month. I uploaded my favorite...although I have such a "passion" for cutting and pasting (a compulsion really) that the collages tend to look really busy.
Last weekend I had a great time shopping for art supplies with my art major son. I bought some nice black paper to work on for a change of pace. On the drive back from Orlando, I drew this picture in oil pastel trying to capture my passion for running. When I got home, of course, I cut, sliced and diced it to put in my art journal. I tried my best not to make the spread too busy. Now it seems too static.

5 comments:

  1. this has wonderful texturing - love the use of color

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great journal page - really captures the essence of running.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It doesn't seem static to me at all. I like it very much! nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you caught the running very well! It turned out great!

    I'm just starting to get into art journaling, it's fun isn't it!

    ReplyDelete