background

background

Monday, March 21, 2011

Nest



This month's theme at Creative Every Day is "nest". I was in the mood to play with fiber arts. I found a delicate wire basket which I cut the handles off of then went through all of my goodie bins in the garage for fibers to weave through it. I used ribbons, yarn, wire, beads, and even shells and artificial plants.

I am really excited to be going to Big Sur in April for a race with our running club. I haven't been there since Jim and I were first engaged over twenty years ago. This inspired me to create a "sea" themed "nest".

4 comments:

  1. This is fantastic! Love all the little bits of fibery goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly,

    I love this basket. You are very creative.

    Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an effective nest. I love that you've chosen to intersperse gold among the blues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh I love this nest!!! Beautiful! Just stopping by. Nice to meet you on CED!

    ReplyDelete