background

background

Monday, April 18, 2011

Small; project #2




This month at Creative Every Day, the theme is "small". May 1st is the Big Sur Marathon in California and I am very excited to be traveling there with Jim and about 12 people from our running group. In the past, I have made good luck bracelets for my friends. This time my husband suggested shoe charms. Being an otter lover, I decided to make little sea otters with medals to guide us on our journeys. They are made from wire and clay. I just hope that my version is as tenacious as the native species and can hold on for 26.2 miles.

3 comments:

  1. whaou, good luck for marathon, start to run this morning, it will be a long road!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable shoe charms - what a great idea!Good luck with the marathon, I've got a lot of admiration for anyone who has the strength & determination to run so far.

    Kat :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! Yep, there is nothing "small" about this race. I saw an elevation map of the course this week and it looks like someone's EKG readout. Yikes!Hopefully the beautiful scenery will get me through!

    ReplyDelete