background

background

Monday, November 7, 2011

Nov. 6th


Again, life has a way of throwing you curve balls. I planned on uploading both days worth of projects when we returned home from our trip. Our son called to tell us that our cat Simba was being really lethargic. By the time we got home he looked really bad. We took him into emergency care immediately and it turns out that he was in renal failure. We had to have him put to sleep. So I am posting a little late.

For this art card I tried a new technique that I had read about. You are supposed to be able to make your own "gems" using a reflective paper base with a large dollup of hot glue. I tried tucking a tiny fern inside as well. Unfortunately, the hot glue clouded up each time. I still liked the soft green stone effect, but will have to try this again sometime using a totally clear glue.

No comments:

Post a Comment