background

background

Monday, November 14, 2011

November 14th



While in a little gallery in Carmel, California last spring, I discovered some lovely photographs. The artist created very simple arrangements with natural materials such as shells and stones. I made myself a mental note to try similiar arrangements and picked up some small, fun items to photograph. They have been waiting for me in a little basket ever since. The heart and shell photograph was my first attempt. I began thinking of all the things I could do with these images. So I took a picture of all the objects that I plan to manipulate in some way.

3 comments:

  1. pure potential! I'm looking forward to seeing what you'll create.

    Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment on my blog, what sort of a stone carving set do you use btw?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely!! You're inspiring me to try this out..do some of the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the heart shape in the oyster. The contrast of the warm maroon color against the soft, creamy color of the oyster is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete