background

background

Sunday, November 20, 2011

November 20th


I found my little angel mask from yesterday and I decided to play around with it. I traced around it on a small slab of Sculptey clay to create a negative image and then I baked the clay. My reasoning was that I wanted a sturdier mask which would last longer. Unfortunately, it was harder to cut detail onto the clay so the image was less refined. When I then spray painted using the mask, the resulting image is downright clunky. Oh well, you live and learn!

4 comments:

  1. It is not clunky I like it and it gives you the potential to add detail with a pen:)
    Did you mean chunky;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The clay angel looks amazing. That could be a fantastic element when you are finished with it as a mask! Your clay stencil would work well with modeling paste if you wanted. To make my stencils and masks sturdier I cut them from old file folders then use spray paint with them if I can. Once the spray paint dries it basically coats them so that water based spray inks don't absorb into it. When I can't get outside to use spray paint I will coat it with gesso or gel medium just to keep spray inks from making it mush.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mask looks pretty on its own too! A whole different creative direction, way cool.

    ReplyDelete