background

background

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

November 23rd



I was reading an art journaling book yesterday and saw a suggestion for ways to use a cellular phone to help with the creative process. I thought that this would be fun to play around with. First, I created a quick watercolor pencil drawing of a bird of paradise. Next, I cut it out and experimented with placing it on various backgrounds in my journal. I used my phone to snap some pictures. I chose the three that I liked best and created a triptych.

3 comments:

  1. Kelly, these are beautiful. I love my watercolor pencils but my colors never seem as vibrant as yours look. I love each section of the triptych. Did you have a favorite?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it so amazing to see one item (your beautiful flower) look so different based on the background. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! I love the watercolor pencils because they are easy to take on the road. I tend to prefer the simpler, middle composition. I ended up adding it to to first background in my journal because there was already a "growth" and "garden" theme going. I did love being able to see it in a variety of backgrounds before actually committing to gluing it down.

    ReplyDelete