background

background

Thursday, November 3, 2011

November 3rd


This summer I bought a great necklace at a gallery in Lancaster, Pa. The artist used recycled soda cans which were cut into small circular shapes. Since I have been exploring a circular theme lately, decided to give it a try. I ordered a tin press on line. You cut apart the can, slide the thin metal through the die press and punch circles of varying dimensions.

I started by using the circles to decorate these gift boxes. It looks much better if you know how to solder and can embed the pieces in a metal backing. I am not quite at that place yet. It was fun to play around with though.

7 comments:

  1. Very cool idea and I love what you created!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome gift box! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your creations ~ there is a woman locally that makes jewelry from tin cans ~ You are doing a wonderful job! ~thanks, namaste, Carol (Share the Creative Journey) Happy CED ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Love them ! Now I have to find one of those tin presses :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look so great and it sounds like fun...if you are coordinated... this could be life threatening if I tried it... I am thinking you are like the Daredevil of the art world right now... xx

    ReplyDelete