background

background

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Chasing the night


The theme at Creative Every Day this month is "night". Now that I am back into running, it has given me a new perspective on the night. Those early morning runs to beat the Florida heat have given me an up close and personal exposure to the tail end of night. The one benefit of dragging myself out of bed at that most unnatural hour....sunrise. We seem to have particularly gorgeous ones here in Tampa. I created a drawing in my journal entitled "Chasing the Night" to capture my feelings about those magical moments.

5 comments:

  1. Love your journal page ~ heat already in FL?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your drawing captured the feeling of night meeting morning so wonderfully!!!! The way you blended the blue to the yellow with such a strong silhouette!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, it makes me want to run at sunrise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly, I love this journal entry and enjoyed perusing your blog once again! Good luck with your running. I need to get back into a longer daily walk than just waltzing the dogs to the end of the road and back!lol

    ReplyDelete