background

background

Thursday, October 4, 2012

October Projects

As busy as it has been, there are just too many fun opportunities for crafting this month!
I am running a "Bride of Frankenstein" 5k at the end of the month with some of my friends and we all decided to wear costumes. The race is giving out custom designed tutus to the winners. Since this will not be an option for me, I decided to make my own tutu. It was really easy to do. There are even You tube videos to show you how. I'm going to be adding some other pieces to the costume, but the tutu is done!
I signed up to bring a centerpiece to our Birthday Club get together this month. i love the polka dot flowers and other "fixins'" that I found at Michaels...and they were already on clearance....sccore!
Since I was already planning to dress up as Alice in Wonderland for our school character parade, I talked Jim into going to the party as the Mad Hatter. Unfortunately, the "one size fits all" hat that I ordered on line could not accomodate his cranium. I had to cut wedges in the front and back. I covered this up and added some pizazz with the left overs from the centerpiece creation. I love Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment